Should you repair or replace your glass?
Whenever possible, we always offer first to repair a windscreen
rather than replace it, so as to save you time and money.
Repair vs replacement
Depending on the type, size and location of the windscreen damage it is not always possible or feasible to repair it, which means it has to be replaced. Here are some reasons why you should opt for glass repairs whenever possible.
Pros of glass repairs
- Time – glass repairs take just 30 minutes compared to three hours for replacement.
- Money – glass repairs are considerably cheaper.
- Looks – repairing considerably improves the visual aspect of the damage.
- Strength – repaired glass is as durable as it was before becoming damaged.
- Car body – since the glass does not have to be removed, the body maintains its rigidity.
- Cracks – glass repairs prevent cracks from forming.
- Comprehensive insurance – all insurance companies favour glass repairs if rock chips are involved. Repairing doesn’t require excess, nor does it later affect insurance premiums.
- Eco-friendliness – you help to save the environment as repairs result in almost zero waste compared to windscreen replacements
This figure shows you the conditions that have to be met for your glass to be repaired. Also bear in mind that although glass repairs are a fast, convenient and effective solution for glass with chips in it, there is always a chance of the damage remaining visible and the repairs failing. Which is to say that if we cannot remove chips from glass and since we exert pressure on the glass during repairs, there is a small chance of a crack appearing.